Partnership with Genesis Destiny Mastercard Credit Card Helps You Build a Better Credit to Move Forward
Issued by a reputable and well-trusted issuer, First Electronic Bank, Member FDIC, the Destiny credit card is a perfect Mastercard and a financial tool for all those struggling with poor or imperfect credit and are looking for the best way to rebuild their credit history. The card is serviced by Genesis FS Card Services, Inc., and comes with excellent consumer protection against fraud. Pre-qualification is quite quick, and it doesn’t affect your credit score. What’s great about this credit card is that it’s unsecured, meaning you don’t need to make an initial deposit to get the card, and you can choose a card design at no additional cost.
Destiny Credit Card – best for you if you are looking for an unsecured subprime Mastercard to build, repair or rebuild your credit. And, if you do not mind paying a higher annual fee to create a credit history.
- Partnership with Genesis Destiny Mastercard Credit Card Helps You Build a Better Credit to Move Forward
- Key Offer Details
- Why We Like It
- What Can Be Better
- Usage/ Applications
- What are Destiny Credit Card Costs and Fees
- How Easy and Convenient It Is to Use Destiny Card
- What are the Qualification Requirements?
- Destiny Credit Card Competition
- How to Apply for Destiny Credit Card
- Bottom Line
- Frequently Asked Questions
The card offers all the Mastercard benefits, and you don’t need a security deposit to access these rewards. What matters is the card reports to all three major credit bureaus. If you show financial responsibility and good financial standing, you can get a chance to rebuild your credit score and history. However, before you apply for this card, let us first go into details so you can make an informed decision whether to apply for this card or not.
Key Offer Details
Destiny Credit Card comes with a full range of Mastercard benefits and services, and the card is serviced by one of the most reputable card services in the country. We’re going to mention all the essential details so you can see what this card has to offer.
- Unsecured for bad credit. The Destiny Mastercard is an unsecured credit card for people with low credit scores. It can be a powerful financial tool in the hands of all those who are looking for solutions to rebuild and improve bad credit.
- Fast Pre-Qualification. It’s possible to complete the pre-qualification process in less than one minute. The card sends reports to all three major credit bureaus, which can look great on your credit report.
- Fees and benefits. However, it’s essential to keep an eye on fees and APR, as these additional charges can be quite hefty. On the other hand, zero liability and identity theft protection, as well as an array of Mastercard benefits, make this card very attractive in the eyes of consumers.
We are making every effort possible to bring you the most honest credit and debit card reviews and recommendations so that you can solve your financial problems, find the best solutions, and eventually improve your financial standings.
Low credit requirements
The first thing we liked about this card is the credit requirement. Even those with prior bankruptcies are considered eligible, as well as those with poor and bad credit.
Aside from this, quick pre-qualification is also a great thing, as you can know if you’re eligible in less than 60 seconds. On top of that, the pre-qualification process doesn’t impact your credit score, which is also great.
In terms of security and protection, the card comes with modern chip card technology that provides an additional layer of protection against fraud.
24/7 funds access
Since using a credit card is all about having access to additional funds 24/7, this card gives you all that and then some. Aside from having access to your means, you can access your credit account online.
If your card gets stolen or lost, your fraud protection keeps you worry-free.
Finally, an additional perk is that you can choose a personalized card design free of charge.
No card is perfect, and the same can be said about the Destiny Mastercard. We’ve noticed a couple of things that we deem could be better, so read on.
When reviewing this card, the first thing we’ve noticed is that there are no rewards or introductory bonuses, which are the most usual perks of credit cards. Then, the credit limit is really low, only $300, and there is no way around it. The card doesn’t include a mobile app, even though you can manage your account online.
Not free credit score
The majority of Mastercard card brands offer some form of free credit scores, but that’s not the case with the Destiny Credit Card. Also, there are quite a few fees to worry about, which we’ll get into details later, as well as a high-interest rate.
The APR for this card is higher than for the average credit card. (See low APR offers)
Might also damage your credit
While we’re aware that this card allows people with poor and bad credit scores to apply, even those with no credit score at all, we suggest you exercise caution when using it to avoid creating a debt that you can’t manage.
The Destiny Mastercard is just like any other credit card. It is accepted worldwide wherever credit cards are accepted. The card is designed to provide you with a user-friendly experience. Aside from ease of use and improved security, you can use it to make online purchases, pay your bills, buy groceries, and so on. You can withdraw money from ATMs, pay for your gas, book a hotel, and do everything you can do with any other credit or debit card.
RELATED: Credit Cards vs Debit Cards
What are Destiny Credit Card Costs and Fees
Before you apply for any financial product, you must first know everything about the costs and fees. These are among the essential things you need to keep in mind before you file your application. Every card comes with certain costs, as no credit is free to use. Let’s delve deeper into all the fees associated with the Destiny credit card.
- Subprime. The Destiny Mastercard falls into the category of subprime credit cards. With that in mind, it has a much lower APR and annual fee than the majority of premium credit cards. It’s fair to say that this card includes quite an affordable APR and a modest annual fee.
- Fixed APR. That aside, it’s also worthy of mentioning that this card features a fixed purchase APR. This is an excellent thing as you don’t have to think about your interest going higher than it is already. Compared to other credit repair cards, this card offers an interest rate that’s always the same.
- Annual fee. The annual fee is also quite reasonable, considering that this is a subprime, unsecured credit card. All other similar credit cards have a higher fee, especially cards that come from online shipping portals. This is what makes this card rather attractive. However, we have to be honest here and say that the annual fee is still quite high compared to some average credit cards.
- Interest rates. Prime and subprime credit cards have rather high-interest rates and fees, but there are always exceptions like the Destiny Mastercard. Still, regular credit cards have lower fees and APR than this one, but they lack other benefits this card offers. It all comes down to your financial needs and standing.
- Other fees. The good thing is that this card doesn’t charge any one-time application fee or monthly maintenance. If you pay your bills in full and on time, and you don’t carry a balance, this subprime card could be a solution for your needs. There is no initial setup fee, either, which is also a great thing to know about.
Here is the full list of all fees you should know about:
- Annual fee
- Regular APR
- Foreign transaction fee
- Penalty APR
- Late payment
- Balance transfer fee
- Cash advance fee
- Replacement card fee
- Reinstatement fee
- Account opening fee
How Easy and Convenient It Is to Use Destiny Card
Using this card is easy and convenient, just like using any other card. Mastercard has a vast network of shops, restaurants, and other establishments, and it’s also accepted online. You can use it in more than 210 countries worldwide.
You can use it to make purchases online, buy groceries, gas, movie and concert tickets, go to restaurants, book hotels, and anything else that comes to mind. Pretty much any retailer, vendor, or merchant that accepts payments made through the Mastercard network will accept this card as well.
All that matters is that you have available funds for spending. Just keep in mind that using a credit card overseas includes foreign transaction fees. These extra charges tend to add up quickly. This can lower your credit score if you don’t control your spending.
What are the Qualification Requirements?
It’s effortless and quick to qualify for this card. The basic requirements are low, and the whole application process isn’t tedious, like with some other credit cards of the same category. There are two basic requirements:
- Recommended minimum credit score: 300
- You have to be 18 years of age (19 if you live in Alabama)
A low credit score requirement allows those with poor, bad, and fair credit to apply, even those with prior bankruptcies. The card issuer is relatively quick in response. You can get an answer in less than 1 minute. Aside from fast decisions and easy application, a pre-qualification process allows you to determine the right offer for your needs. The process doesn’t affect your credit score in any way. However, your application has to go through credit approval before you get approved. Based on the review of your credit score and history, the card issuer determines the annual fee.
If your credit is bad, getting pre-approved for this card is a smart move, as you get to see the annual charge of using the card. This is a massive advantage of this card, as many other subprime unsecured credit cards also include a monthly maintenance fee, which isn’t the case with the Destiny Credit Card. This is the main reason why it includes a hefty annual fee. Another great thing about the pre-approval process is that it consists of a soft pull on your credit instead of a hard pull. In other words, there’s no hard pull risk, except in the situation where you decided to complete the application upon getting pre-approved. Here is the list of what you will need to qualify for this card:
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Valid email address
- Phone number
Destiny Credit Card Competition
|Card Name||Annual Fee||Bonus/ Rewards||Credit Reporting||Review||Application|
|Fit Mastercard||Yes||$400 credit limit doubles to $800||Yes (3 Bureaus)||Fit Card Review||Apply Now|
|Revvi Visa||Yes||1% cashback rewards||Yes (3 Bureaus)||Apply Now|
|Mission Lane Visa||Yes||Credit line increase after 6 months||Yes||Apply Now|
|First Digital NextGen||Yes||Credit increase after 12 months||Yes (3 Bureaus)||First Digital Card Review||Apply Now|
|Merrick Bank Double Your Line Mastercard||Yes||Double credit line if qualify||Yes||Double Your Line Mastercard Review||Apply Now|
|Fortiva Mastercard||Yes||3% cashback, up to $1,000 unsecured credit||Yes (3 Bureaus)||Apply Now|
|Indigo Unsecured Mastercard||Yes||Fraud protection||Yes (3 Bureaus)||Indigo Card Review||Apply Now|
How to Apply for Destiny Credit Card
The only way to apply for this card is online – click here to apply online, now. The process is rather straightforward. The first step is to complete the pre-approval process. It only involves a soft pull on your credit that doesn’t impact your credit score in any way. If you get pre-approved, you can proceed to apply for the card. The actual application includes a hard pull as well, but only after you get pre-approved. A pre-approval process completion ends with you receiving a pre-approved mail with the application code. Simply navigate to the application page and follow these steps:
- Navigate the website to the application page;
- Click Apply if you’ve received a mail offer;
- Fill in all the necessary details in the application form;
- Submit the form;
- Wait for the answer to see whether you pre-qualify;
- Apply for the card;
The Destiny credit card is an excellent subprime unsecured Mastercard for all those struggling with poor and bad credit scores and looking for a way out. It can be used to repair and build your credit. Even with a relatively high annual fee, this card is still worth the fuzz. Compared to some other cards from the subprime category, it’s safe to say that this card has a modest annual fee. It all comes down to your credit score and financial standing in the end. In the right hands, this card could become a valuable tool for repairing your credit score and building a positive credit history.
The fact that the card reports to all three major credit bureaus only works in your favor. All it takes to avoid any further financial turmoil is to keep your credit utilization low and pay your bills on time. Finally, with some of the best Mastercard benefits like zero liability and identity theft protection, quick pre-qualification, and options to choose a personalized card design, we can safely conclude that this card could be your best option for building and accessing credit.