Chase Bank is one of the banks with the most significant presence in the US. The bank is the consumer banking arm of JPMorgan Chase, and it offers a wide range of financial products to its customers. Chase is perfect for consumers who want a solid basic checking account. The bank doesn’t offer attractive savings rates, and some services come with quite high fees.
- Those are are looking for premium credit cards;
- People looking for bonuses for opening a new checking account;
- People who don’t need high APY rates on savings account;
- People who want to waive the monthly maintenance fee;
- People who want to be able to pay off their interest before maturity;
- Business Owners – Chase Ink Business Cards Review.
Chase Bank Advantages
Here are the most noteworthy advantages of opening an account at Chase.
- Great presence through the US. Chase Banks is definitely one of the largest bank branches in the US. Currently, it has more than 5,000 branches and almost 17,000 ATMs. This is quite important for some consumers who want direct access to a bank and its ATMs.
- Great online banking services. Chase Bank has a state-of-the-art website available to both desktop computer and mobile users. For more tech-savvy consumers, the bank offers a dedicated mobile app that comes with all the online banking features found on the website.
- Ability to save on monthly maintenance fees. Consumers with a checking account can save on monthly maintenance fees. In fact, Chase will waive the $12 monthly fee if customers make a direct deposit of $500 into the account every month.
- Solid credit card offer. Chase is a well-known credit card issuer. Consumers in the US are very interested in getting Chase Bank credit cards because they offer flexibility and valuable rewards. Plus, Chase has perhaps the broadest selection of credit cards in the US. The rewards range from cash back to rewards for travelers.
- New account bonus. Chase loves to work with new customers. The bank even has a bonus program created to award customers when they open an account at Chase for the first time.
Before you make your final decision, you should take into account the following disadvantages.
- Still no presence in over 10 states. While Chase’s physical presence is quite widespread, you still might end up with no nearby branch. The bank continues to expand. At the moment, it has locations in 38 states.
- High cash withdrawal fees outside of the bank’s network. The bank has a network of almost 17,000 ATMs, but should you end up having to use an ATM outside of its network, get ready to see some high fees. This applies to consumers with Chase’s basic accounts.
- Low savings rates. Looking at APY on Chase Savings, it becomes clear that this is not one of those banks that cater to the needs of people who like to save cash. There are definitely better options on the market when it comes to savings.
Chase Bank Credit Card Offers Recap List
Chase Bank is a reputable bank in the US that offers many different credit cards and attractive bonuses to consumers interested in opening checking accounts. If you are in need of either one, Chase is an option to consider.