Merrick Bank Double Your Line™ Platinum Visa® Credit Card
The goal of Merrick Bank Double Your Line Platinum Visa is to help selected members of the bank to repair their bad credit score quickly and effectively. Since it's a Visa, the card can be used at any ATM or store that supports this payment option. This is not a card for people who have a terrible score but for those who have' already improved it some. The monthly activity on the account is reported to three most important credit bureaus, including TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax. Additionally, this unsecured credit card has one of the craziest credit limits meaning that users can have a lot of activity while keeping their balance low. The card has a fixed annual price, a fee for opening an account, and high APR, which you need to pay attention to.
- See if you are Pre-Qualified in less than 60 seconds without harming your credit score.
- Credit Line Range from $550 to $1,250, Doubling to from $1,100 to $2,500.
- Double Your Line by making at least your minimum payment on time each month for the first 7 months your account is open. After you make your payments, the increase is automatic.
- Get your updated FICO® Score each month.
- $0 Fraud Liability protects you from unauthorized charges.
- Online and mobile Account Access.
- No Penalty Rates or Over Limit Fee
A low credit score can present many issues, and there aren't many options for improving it. This is why there are new credit card issuers that offer credit repair cards like Double Your Line. Merrick Bank has divided their cards into two categories, the Merrick Bank Secured Visa meant for people with very bad credit score (down to 300 and less) and Platinum Visa (from 400 up to 700).
The Platinum card isn't designed for people with a very bad score but for those who have a low score but would like to get it back on track really fast. Only a select group of people can get the card, as it is the Cadillac of credit repair cards.
There are no credit checks during the application, but you need to receive an invite from the bank itself to get the card. If the bank decides that you are credibly eligible to get one, the person can apply for it.
Who Is This Card For?
As we said earlier, it's meant for people who have a credit score ranging from 400 to 700. At the same time, people who have no credit activity whatsoever can also get these cards.
The important thing is that you are either a member of the bank or you've used some of their services. The bank basically chooses potential members that can use their exclusive card and build their credit score.
There isn't a stain on your credit activity as the bank does no credit checks when deciding who is eligible to get their card. If you have a really poor credit score, you can get their other Secured Visa card, and once you've made progress, the bank will offer you the Platinum option.
Related: Secured Cards
This is an unsecured credit card that comes with a high starting maximum credit limit, which not many cards of this type provide. Users can basically choose their own credit limit at the beginning.
Every six months, the credit limit is doubled automatically if you've made all of the minimum payments on time. It also comes with several other benefits:
- Free monthly FICO score checks: Every cardholder has a free FICO score check each month. They can do the check through their accounts.
- Online account: The online account gives valuable information and insights in your balance, spending, and allows you to perform all important actions.
- Different payment options: You can make payments through the online account, via a phone call, or check.
- No payment fees: The card has no payment fees.
- Monthly reports to credit bureaus: All of your monthly activity will be reported to the three major credit bureaus.
- Fraud liability protection: You aren't accountable in case your card gets stolen or is abused by someone.
It's tough to get a credit rebuilding card without any downsides. Any card issuer that claims their card doesn't have a catch s simply lying to you. After all, the issuers do this to make money and aren't looking to do any favors to cardholders.
However, this doesn't mean that both sides can't benefit from the relationship. The card comes with an annual fee that's not high considering all the other perks of this card. At the same time, it has an account activation fee and an APR that can go up relatively high.
However, the issuer has added this high APR rate only as a safety measure. Unless you break the payment deadline and you owe more than you're allowed, you won't be charged with interest.
Should I use this card?
In case you are already a member of the bank, and you would like to repair your credit score then you might want to get this card. This card comes with reasonable fees that you need to pay for instantly but then don't have to worry about them for a year.
If you want to fix your score very quickly and bring it up to a healthy level with ease, this is the right card for you. It doesn't add a lot of expenses while allowing you to get a credit line up to $2,500. This makes this card really effective for keeping credit utilization really low.
Furthermore, if you are a Visa card user, you will love the Merrick Bank Platinum, as it has all the capabilities of a Visa card with some added perks.
- Doesn't require security deposits
- Reports to three credit bureaus
- Has several added perks
- One of the highest credit limits
- High APR
- Account monthly fees
- Users can apply for it only when they get an invite
- Instant Decision Cards
Finance & Rates
Merrick Bank Double Your Line™ Platinum Visa® Credit Card - Alternatives & Comparison
Merrick Bank Double Your Line™ Platinum Visa® Credit Card
20.95% -29.20% (Variable)*
Min. Credit Level