Best Cards by Category
Getting a best new credit card is nothing to be taken lightly. It’s an important decision that can have a significant impact on your overall financial stability. Different cards should be chosen for different purposes, and just because you know a certain card is a popular choice doesn’t mean it will be suitable for your particular lifestyle. There are many different credit cards that can be roughly divided into the following categories:
- Low interest credit cards
- Instant decision credit cards
- No annual fee credit cards
- Secured credit cards
- Credit reporting cards
- No foreign transaction fees credit cards
- Shopping debit credit cards
- Prepaid debit credit cards
- Guaranteed approval credit cards
You can find a suitable credit card that will meet all your needs and be appropriate for your current financial situation – all you need to do is stay informed about your options.
Credit Cards by Issuer
A card issuer is where you go to get your new credit card. Those are typically banks or credit unions that are partnered with different card networks and issue their cards.
So, Synovus Bank or Applied Bank would be your credit card issuers. They’re the ones who will financially back up your credit card, and they have control over:
- Approving and denying your application
- Paying for your transactions
- Collecting your payments
- Setting the interest fees
- Setting the terms and conditions
- Offering rewards and benefits
- Setting your credit card limit
Choosing the right credit card issuer is of utmost importance, as all your fees will depend on the issuer itself. All the rules and regulations depend entirely on the issuer, so make sure you’ve weighed all your options and collected all the information before you decide to go for a certain issuer.