A Comprehensive Review of Revvi Card: Pros and Cons, Features, Benefits, Fees, and More
In today’s world, having a good credit score is essential to secure financial stability and access to credit when needed. Unfortunately, many individuals struggle with poor credit scores, which can limit their financial options and cause stress in emergency situations. Luckily, there are ways to rebuild and improve score, and the Revvi Card is one such option. The Revvi Visa Credit Card is an unsecured credit card designed specifically for individuals with bad score. It can help cardholders rebuild their credit score while providing them with financial assistance when needed.
Discover Revvi Credit Card – is an unsecured credit card designed for people with bad credit who want to earn rewards and need to borrow money for emergencies. It offers a minimum credit of $300 with 1% cash back on all purchases.
- A Comprehensive Review of Revvi Card: Pros and Cons, Features, Benefits, Fees, and More
- What is a Revvi card?
- Pros and Cons, Features and Benefits
- What Makes it Different
- Revvi Card Fees and Rates
- Understanding Revvi Card Fees and Rates
- Revvi Card Reviews and Ratings
- How to Apply for Revvi Card?
- How Revvi Card Compares to Other Similar Offers
- Revvi Card Customer Service and Contact Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Revvi card?
The Revvi Card is an unsecured credit card designed to help people with poor scores rebuild their history. It offers several benefits such as no security deposit, cash-back rewards on every purchase, starting credit limit increases, easy and fast application process, and an opportunity to build credit.
The card is issued by MRV Banks, and it reports your responsible financial behavior to all three major credit bureaus (TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian), which improves your chances of rebuilding credit. The card is available to applicants in all 50 U.S. states, including the District of Columbia.
Unlike secured credit cards that require a cash deposit as collateral, the Revvi Card offers an unsecured line to card customers. The card doesn’t require a minimum score or a security deposit to qualify, making it an excellent option for people with bad credit or first-time cardholders who can’t make a security deposit.
|Company Name||MRV Banks|
|Headquarters||St. Louis, Missouri, USA|
|Number of Employees||Unknown|
|Type of Card||Unsecured Visa® Credit Card|
|Security Deposit||Not Required|
|Credit Limit||$300 to $2,000|
|Annual Fee||$75.00 for the first year|
After that, $48.00 annually
|Program Fee||$95.00 (one-time fee)|
|Monthly Servicing Fee||None for the first year (introductory)|
After that, $99.00 annually ($8.25 per month)
|Rewards||Cash back on all purchases|
|Terms||Terms and Conditions (PDF)|
|Credit Reporting||All three bureaus|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $41|
|Cash Advance Fee||None for the first year (intro APR)|
After that, either $10.00 or 3% of the amount
of each cash advance, whichever is greater
|Balance Transfer Fee||None|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%|
|Fraud Protection||Zero Fraud Liability Protection|
|Mobile App||Available on Android and iOS|
|Application||Claim this offer|
Pros and Cons, Features and Benefits
The Revvi Credit Card offers several advantages, features, and benefits for cardholders. It comes with some disadvantages, too. Here are some of them highlighted below:
Here are some of the advantages of using the Revvi Card:
- No security deposit required: Unlike most cards for people with poor scores, the Revvi Card doesn’t require a security deposit to qualify. This means you can apply with bad credit without making a refundable security deposit.
- Cash back on purchases: The card offers cash-back rewards on purchases you make with the card. However, you must pay the monthly minimum balance to unlock this benefit. Earning cash back is an excellent way to build credit. (Read: Cash Vs Credit)
- Credit limit increases: The card offers a minimum credit, but the initial credit line is often not enough for cardholders. New cardholders can request an increase in their credit 12 months after application, subject to credit approval and annual reviews.
- Build credit: The Revvi Card reports your responsible financial behavior to all three major credit bureaus which improves your chances of rebuilding credit.
- Easy application: This card features an easy and quick application process via a user-friendly online application form. New applicants get a reply in mere seconds.
- Accepts poor credit: Since there’s no minimum credit score requirement, anyone with not so great credit can apply for the Revvi Credit Card. The card issuer notifies you of your approval almost instantly.
Here are some of the disadvantages of using the Revvi Card:
- Numerous fees: The card comes with many fees that you wouldn’t find with similar credit-building card options. Aside from having too many fees, the yearly fee is way above the average among new credit card offers, even for one-time program fees. The same goes for a monthly fee.
- High APR: Carrying a balance on this card might turn out to be an expensive endeavor due to a high ongoing APR. Even if it’s a variable APR, it’s above the industry average.
- You need a checking account to apply: New applicants must have a checking account to apply. The card issuer uses your bank account to verify your finances and personal information. However, new cardholders must pay an account-opening fee once approved.
- The credit could be higher: The card accepts people with poor credit, but the company provides a limited maximum credit line. In addition, the first annual fee will be deducted from the limit, leaving you with a small credit amount.
- Unsecured credit card with no security deposit required
- Credit increases available with good credit behavior
- Cash-back rewards on purchases made with the card
- User-friendly mobile app for managing card usage
- Helps users to build credit by reporting to all three major credit bureaus
- Cash-back rewards can be redeemed towards statement credits1 to pay down balances
- Easy and fast application process
- Greater acceptance odds for those with not so good credit
- Low credit utilization rate helps to improve credit score
- Manageable monthly payments make it easier to pay down balances
Overall, the Revvi Card is a beneficial financial tool for those looking to rebuild their credit, especially for those who cannot make a security deposit or need emergency borrowing. With features like starting credit limit increases and cash-back rewards, and benefits like access to credit monitoring and improved credit score, the Revvi Card can be a valuable asset for those looking to improve their financial standing.
Hidden Benefits of the Revvi Card
One lesser-known fact about the Revvi Card is that it offers free access to TransUnion-powered credit monitoring for all cardholders. This service provides users with unlimited access to their credit report, credit score, and credit alerts. This feature can be helpful for those looking to rebuild their credit, as it allows them to monitor their credit score and track their progress over time.
Additionally, it reports to all three major credit bureaus (TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian)2, which can further help cardholders to build their credit history. While there are fees and rates associated with this offer, the credit monitoring feature is a valuable benefit that not all credit cards offer.
What Makes it Different
Although the card may come with a complex fee structure, easy and fast applications and exclusive access to free TransUnion-powered credit monitoring make it stand out. The card allows you to build credit by reporting your on-time payments and low credit utilization to all three credit bureaus. In addition, you can request a credit increase after the first year and get the option to manage monthly payments. Cardholders also get a user-friendly mobile app for managing card usage on the go.
Revvi Card Fees and Rates
|No security deposit required||Unsecured card and doesn’t require a security deposit to qualify||$0|
|Cash back rewards||Cardholders can earn cash back rewards on every purchase||Up to 1% cash back|
|Minimum credit||Offers a minimum credit amount||$300|
|Credit increase||Cardholders can request a credit increase 12 months after the application||Up to $2,000|
|Credit reporting||Reports to all three major bureaus (TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian)||Yes|
|Easy application||Features an easy and quick online application process||Under 5 minutes|
|Bad credit acceptance||There’s no minimum credit score requirement, and anyone with not good credit can apply||No minimum score requirement|
|Checking account requirement||New applicants must have a checking account to apply||Yes|
|Annual fee||Comes with an yearly fee||$75.00 for the first year|
After that, $48.00 annually
|Monthly fee||Charges a monthly fee starting in the second year||$0 in the first year, $8 per month starting in the second year|
|Credit limit increase fee||There’s a 20% fee for credit increases||20% of the approved credit increase|
|Express delivery fee||There’s a fee for expedited card delivery||$35|
|Additional card fee||There’s a fee for an additional card||$29|
|Cash advance fee||There’s a fee for cash advances||3% of the cash advance amount or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||There’s a fee for late payments||Up to $41|
|Returned payment fee||There’s a fee for returned payments||Up to $41|
|High APR||Has a high ongoing APR||35.99% variable|
|No rewards bonus||There’s no sign-up bonus or introductory APR offered by the Revvi Card||N/A|
Note: All amounts and percentages are subject to change and may vary based on individual creditworthiness and other factors.
Understanding Revvi Card Fees and Rates
When considering the Revvi Card, it is important to understand the fees and rates associated with the credit card. While the Revvi Card offers benefits such as cash back rewards and the ability to build credit, it also has several fees that could impact a cardholder’s finances. These fees include an activation fee, an annual fee, a monthly fee (starting the second year), an express delivery fee, a premium plastic card design fee, a cash advance fee, and late payment fees. Additionally, the Revvi Card has a high APR, which could result in expensive interest charges for those who carry a balance. Cardholders must also pay their monthly bills regularly to unlock the cash back rewards offered by the card. It is important to carefully review the fees and rates associated with the Revvi Card before applying to determine if it is the right credit card for your financial situation.
Revvi Card Reviews and Ratings
|Source||Rating||Number of Reviews|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||A+||Accredited, 0 complaints|
|Apple Store||4.7/5||16.9k ratings|
|Google Play||4.2/5||4,157 ratings|
|Credit Karma||4.7/5||76 reviews|
Please note that these ratings and reviews are subject to change and should be taken as a snapshot at the time of writing. It is always recommended to do your own research and read through a variety of reviews before making any decisions.
What Users Say About Revvi Credit Card
“I am so happy with my Revvi card. It has helped me manage my finances so much better than before. The app is easy to use and the customer service is great!” – from Trustpilot.
“I love my Revvi card. It has helped me budget my money and save for the things I want. The app is user-friendly and I have had no issues with the card so far.” – from BBB.
“The Revvi card has been a game-changer for me. I was hesitant to switch from my traditional bank account, but I’m glad I did. The app is so much better than my old bank’s app and the card has no hidden fees.” – from Apple App Store.
“I’ve been using Revvi card for a few months now and it has exceeded my expectations. The app is easy to navigate and I love the cashback rewards program. Highly recommend!” – from Google Play Store.
“I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with Revvi credit card. The customer service is top-notch and the app is intuitive and user-friendly. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a new banking alternative.” – from NerdWallet.
“Revvi card has helped me get my finances back on track. I was struggling with debt and the app’s budgeting tools have really helped me get a handle on my spending. Highly recommend!” – from Credit Karma.
How to Apply for Revvi Card?
To apply for a Revvi Credit Card, follow these steps:
- Click on “Apply Now” or “Claim this offer” to land on the application page.
- Fill out the application form with your personal information, including your name, address, social security number, and employment information.
- Submit the application form and wait for a decision. Revvi will review your application and determine if you are eligible for a card.
- If approved, you will receive your Revvi Card in the mail within 14 business days. Once you receive it, you will need to activate it before you can use it.
Note that Revvi Card is only available to US residents and you must be at least 18 years old to apply. The application process may require a credit check and Revvi may request additional information from you before making a decision.
How Revvi Card Compares to Other Similar Offers
Chime vs Revvi
Revvi and Chime are both digital banking options with no monthly fees, no minimum balance requirements, and free ATM access. However, Revvi Card does not offer overdraft protection or a savings account feature, while Chime offers both. Chime also has a larger ATM network than Revvi. On the other hand, Revvi has a cashback rewards program for eligible purchases, while Chime does not. Additionally, Chime offers early direct deposit for its customers, while Revvi does not have this feature. Both options have mobile apps that allow for easy account management and offer virtual card options for added security. Overall, the choice between Revvi Card and Chime Visa Debit Card will depend on individual preferences and banking needs.
Go2Bank vs Revvi
Revvi and Go2Bank are both online banking solutions, but there are some differences between the two. Revvi focuses more on providing a credit-building platform, while Go2Bank offers traditional banking services with an emphasis on convenience. Both offer mobile banking apps and budgeting tools, but Revvi is geared more towards those with lower credit scores or no credit history, while Go2Bank offers a wider range of services for all types of customers. Additionally, Go2Bank offers access to thousands of free ATMs, while Revvi Card has a smaller network of fee-free ATMs. Overall, it really depends on what type of banking services and features you are looking for in an online bank.
SoFiMoney vs Revvi
Revvi and SoFi Money are both digital banking options that provide users with a suite of financial services. While Revvi offers cashback rewards, SoFi Money offers higher interest rates on their accounts. Both options provide free ATM withdrawals. Revvi charges monthly maintenance fees. However, Revvi has a lower minimum balance requirement to avoid fees compared to SoFi Money World Money Debit Card. Additionally, SoFi Money offers investment options through their app, while Revvi Card does not. Overall, both options have unique features that can cater to different financial needs and preferences.
Extra Debit Card vs Revvi Card
Revvi and Extra Debit Card are both online banking options that offer debit cards. While Revvi Card offers a more comprehensive banking experience with a range of features such as cashback rewards, early direct deposit, and no minimum balance requirements, Extra Debit Card is a more straightforward option with fewer bells and whistles. Extra offers free ATM withdrawals at over 55,000 locations and a simple, easy-to-use mobile app for managing your account. However, Revvi’s rewards program and other benefits may make it a more attractive option for those who want to get more out of their online banking experience. Ultimately, the choice between these two options may come down to your specific banking needs and preferences.
Total Visa vs Revvi Visa
The Total Visa and the Revvi are both unsecured credit cards that are designed for people with poor credit. The Total Visa Credit Card offers a credit line of up to $300 with an APR of 34.99%, the same as Revvi. Both offers charge an annual fee. Overall, the Revvi may be a better option for those who looking for a slightly lower APR, but the Total Visa may be a good choice for those who need a higher credit.
Revvi Card Customer Service and Contact Information
|Live Chat||Available on the Revvi website|
|Mailing Address||Revvi, P.O. Box 173842, Tampa, FL 33672-3842|
|Social Media||Twitter: @RevviCard, Facebook: @RevviCard|
The Revvi Card is a great option for individuals with poor credit who want to earn rewards while also building their credit. With no deposit required and a minimum credit amount of $300, this unsecured credit card is an accessible option for many. The 1% cash back on all purchases, after paying the card’s bill, is a great incentive to use the card responsibly.
Although there are some downsides to consider, such as the lack of a mobile app and the potential for high APRs and fees, overall, the Revvi Card is a solid choice for those looking to improve their credit score and earn rewards along the way. With responsible use, this card can be a valuable tool for individuals looking to build a brighter financial future.
Frequently Asked Questions