Blue NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card
Sky blue stored value card with free direct deposit and guaranteed approval
Updated: Apr 24, 2022
See NetSpend Visa Classic card to apply for Blue design.
The Blue Netspend visa card shares features and fees with the standard or Black Netspend, but it's sky blue. That makes it an excellent choice for college boys and teenagers. This card is one of the easiest to get because the application process doesn't require you to provide any credit scores. It's designed to help you pay for services, bills, and products, but only after placing a deposit. Furthermore, the card allows you to receive direct deposits and make money transfers, similar to a checking account. It's an excellent way of limiting your spending because it comes with a small $10 overspending cushion, so that you don't spend more than you have. This Netspend card also comes with a complimentary budgeting app. Last but not least, you can set up a mobile notification feature that sends you an SMS every time you use the card. You can reload the card in over 130,000 places across the US, and you can also use it to withdraw money from any ATM.
This card is not available right now.Compare Similar
Recommended Credit Score
Bad Credit OK
- Win up to $5,000 in Netspend Tax Time* Sweeps!
- With Netspend Direct Deposit, you can get paid faster than a paper check.
- No late fees or interest charges because this is not a credit card.
- No Overdraft Fees on purchases using your card.
- Use the NetSpend Mobile App to manage your account on the go and get a text message or email alerts (Message & data rates may apply).
- Card issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC. The card may be used everywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted. Click "Get My Card" for full details.
- See additional NetSpend® Prepaid Visa® details.
The Blue Netspend Visa Prepaid Card provides the same benefits as the original Netspend card, but with a slick sky-blue design for everyone’s taste.
Who Is the Blue Netspend Card For?
You can get many cards these days, but they are rarely as easy to obtain as the Blue Netspend Prepaid Card. Anyone can get this card without any problems because the application process is straightforward and simple. The best thing about it is that you don’t have to provide any credit scores from the three bureaus, so it’s an excellent choice for people with a bad credit score.
It’s also a working solution for people who want the benefits of a bank account but don’t want to open one. That’s because this card allows you to send and receive money transfers directly, the same way you would do with a bank account. The Netspend card supports all types of direct deposits including tax refunds, government checks, pension, and of course, paying for products and services both online and offline. Just load the card with money and use the card to pay for whatever you need.
Blue Netspend Visa Benefits
When compared to other similar cards, the Blue Netspend card doesn’t have as many features, but it does provide a few useful benefits.
- Fast application. The application process is quick and easy. You have to select which plan you want and the plastic card will arrive at your doorstep in a week or so.
- Same as a checking account. The Blue Netspend card allows you to send and receive direct deposits just like you would do with a bank account.
- Easy budgeting. One of the main reasons why people use this card is to limit their spending. You can only spend the money you deposit upfront. That’s why many college kids’ parents use this card to control their children’s spending (works similar to Famzoo or Greenlight). There is a 10 dollar overspending cushion that will save you some trouble if your bill is a little higher than expected.
Full spending control. Moreover, you can control your spending better than you might think. The complementary app allows you to keep a close eye on your spending as you’ll get SMS notifications every time you use the card. You can customize the notifications so that you get reports once a day, week, or month.
- Knowledge base. The app also provides useful tips on how to manage your money, which is a nice little bonus. With the direct deposit option, you won’t have to stand in line at the bank to pay bills or pick your paycheck up.
- Convenient direct deposit. Many people working in the IT sector use this card as well because it allows direct deposits from platforms like MoneyGram and PayPal. The moment your funds transfer to your Netspend card, you can spend it or transfer it directly to another account through the mobile phone app.
Are There Any Disadvantages?
- Many fees. Using a card as a bank account comes with a few significant drawbacks you must consider before applying in the first place. Namely, you’ll have to pay fees for all kinds of features. If you select the Standard Monthly Plan, you’ll have to pay a monthly fee as well. On the other hand, if you go for the Pay-As-You-Go option, you’ll pay a small fee every time you use the card. That’s just the tip of the iceberg, as you’ll have to pay other fees as well. They include ATM withdrawal fees, inactivity fee, cash reload fees, ATM card decline fees, a closing fee, and a few other fees as well. You should think about how often you’ll use the card to see if it makes sense because of so many fees. If you’re not careful, these fees could add up to quite a number.
Should You Use This Card?
The Blue Netspend prepaid visa card is not for everyone’s taste however, if you’re looking for a card that doesn’t require credit scores, it’s not a bad choice. You can get it in a matter of minutes by completing the online application and the card will arrive at your doorstep in under 10 business days. You can then use the card to transfer money and receive direct deposits and paychecks. It’s also a good choice for parents looking to limit their children’s spending. See Netspend Visa Card Review.
Best Blue NetSpend Card Alternatives
- Surge Mastercard – As a starter credit card
- Point Debit Card – High rewards and no debt
- H&R Block Emerald Mastercard – As tax refund card
- Greenlight Mastercard – As Teen’s card alternative
- Novo Business Mastercard – As a Business debit card
Other Netspend Offers
|Category:||Consumer (Stored Value)|
|Best Used For:||