The BlockFi Rewards Visa Signature credit card offers up to 3.5% rewards in Bitcoin during your first 3 months, no foreign transaction, and no annual fees. The card also has a referral bonus, as well as instant online preapproval that does not affect your credit score. The recommended credit for approval is from “Good” to “Excellent“.
BlockFi Bitcoin Card Benefits
- Fast preapproval. The card offers instant online prequalification that does not affect credit.
- Bonus offer. Cardholders will receive a 3.5% bitcoin rewards boost for 90 days from account activation. The boost has a $100 cap.
- No fees. The card has no annual fee and no international transaction fees. However, all crypto trading has standard fees.
- Attractive rewards. You will earn unlimited 1.5% bitcoin rewards and once your spending goes over $50K you will receive a 2% boost. Also, there is a 3.5% bonus offer for 90 days.
- Additional savings. All cardholders should have BlockFi Interest Account (BIA) which gives an additional 2% APY above standard rates on selected crypto holdings such as Ethereum and Bitcoin.
- Refer-a-friend: Cardholders receive $30 for each referral who opens an account and get a credit card or starts crypto trading.
What are rewards & limitations?
Bonus rewards: cardholders earn 3.5% rewards in bitcoin on all credit card purchases within the first 90 days of card activation.
Limitations: $100 cap in bonus rewards. To earn $100 in bitcoin rewards you would need to spend at least $5,000.
Bonus for Trading: get 0.25% back in Bitcoin on all eligible crypto trades.
Limitations: there is a maximum monthly limit of $500 in rewards.
Bonus for spending bonus: Once your annual spending reaches $50,000, your rewards rate will increase from 1.5% to 2% for every dollar spent.
Limitations: The increased rate resets on the card anniversary date annually.
BlockFi Card Competition
How Does the BlockFi Bitcoin Card Compare to Other Offers?
BlockFi Rewards Card vs Upgrade Bitcoin Visa
The Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards Visa and the BlockFi Rewards Visa are both great options for those looking to maximize their rewards. The Upgrade Bitcoin offers 1.5% back in cryptocurrency on all eligible purchases, while the BlockFi Visa earns 0.25% back in cryptocurrency on all eligible trades and 1.5% back in cryptocurrency for every purchase. Both cards provide a decent rewards rate, though the BlockFi provides a slightly higher rate of return than other flat-rate cash-back credit cards. Additionally, the BlockFi Rewards Visa allows users to earn 3.5% back in cryptocurrency when their purchases are made within the card intro period; making it a great option for those who want to maximize their reward earnings within the first 90 days of being cardholders. Read more at BlockFi Bitcoin vs Upgrade Bitcoin comparison article.
BlockFi Rewards Card vs Nexo Crypto Card
Crypto cards have become increasingly popular with users looking for rewards and no hidden fees. BlockFi and Nexo Card are two of the most popular crypto card providers in the market. Both offer crypto back rewards, but many users prefer BlockFi due to its higher BTC rates during intro period. BlockFi is a US-based CeFi company offering high-yield interest accounts for BTC, ETH and USDC, while Nexo offers a wider range of coins, interest rates, fiat, and crypto options for trading. Additionally, Nexo has its own native token in the cryptocurrency market, NEXO. The loan decision process is faster with Nexo; users can get their money almost instantly after depositing their funds with a virtual card. Both BlockFi and Nexo have become leading providers of crypto cards with their respective benefits making them highly attractive to users.
Frequently Asked Questions