Wirex Card is an affordable crypto-friendly Mastercard debit card for multiple currencies. It supports many fiat and virtual currencies, which you can convert automatically at the point of sale, both in-person and online.
Who Is the Wirex Card for?
This card is perfect for frequent travelers, as it can store multiple currencies on one centralized account. You don’t have to carry foreign cash, deal with foreign currency transactions, or even carry multiple cards with foreign currencies on your travels. You can seamlessly make all your transactions with this one card.
It’s also very useful for anyone looking to store, exchange, and make payments in crypto. Instead of having a separate digital wallet for crypto, you can store both crypto and fiat currencies on one debit card. It’s one card to rule them all.
- Multicurrency, crypto debit card
- Seamless fund transfer
- Competitive Live OTC exchange rates
- Low fees
- Bitcoin cashback
- Referral rewards
- Monthly account maintenance fees
- Bitcoin fees are higher than some crypto exchanges charge
- The desktop version isn’t very user-friendly
What are Wirex Card Benefits?
It’s very exciting to use this debit Mastercard, as it comes with some excellent benefits for cardholders.
- Multicurrency, crypto debit card. You can choose from several traditional and virtual currencies to manage on a single platform. The currencies you can choose from include: Euro, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Japanese Yen, Singapore Dollar, Swiss Franc, Czech Koruna, Mexican Peso, and more are coming. The cryptocurrencies to choose from include: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Stellar, Wirex Token, Ripple, Dai, Waves, Nano, Wollo, and more to come.
- Seamless Fund Transfer. You can seamlessly transfer funds into your accounts using credit or debit cards, bank transfers, or SEPA/SWIFT transfers.
- Competitive Live OTC Exchange Rates. When exchanging your currencies, you get very competitive live OTC exchange rates – some of the most competitive out there. Whether you want to exchange a traditional currency to crypto (or vice versa), or one crypto into another, you’ll get some of the best OTC rates. You can exchange your currencies online (using the platform’s desktop version) or within the mobile app.
- Low Fees. This card comes with very low fees in general, but it also stands out because of a certain lack of fees. It’s entirely free to open an account, and there are also no fees for domestic transfers. It’s very affordable to carry this card.
- Bitcoin Cashback. Just for using this card, you can get cashback – in crypto. You can get cashback in Bitcoin on all in-store purchases. The Crypto-back rewards program instantly pays you in Satoshis, which is a subunit of Bitcoin. You can redeem them any way you want, anytime, both online and in-app. But that’s not all.
- Referral Rewards. There’s also a Refer-a-Friend rewards program, which gives both you and your referrals crypto rewards.
What Can Be Better?
There are just a few drawbacks that you should consider before opening your account, although they may not be a deal-breaker.
- Monthly Account Maintenance Fees. Although the monthly account maintenance fees are low, you still need to consider them. Even if you don’t use your card, you still need to pay for those fees.
- Bitcoin Fees Are Slightly Higher. There are many cryptocurrency exchanges where you might be able to buy and sell Bitcoin at better rates. Although this card has competitive fees overall, those concerning Bitcoin may not be very favorable to everyone.
- The desktop version isn’t very user-friendly. It’s harder to use the desktop version of the app.
Should You Use the Wirex Card?
If you want to have multiple fiat currencies on a single debit card, as well as seamlessly buy and sell cryptocurrencies using the same card, then getting a Wirex card might be a great idea. It enables you to make contactless payments anywhere where Mastercards are accepted, both at brick-and-mortar and online merchants. It can come especially handy if you’re a frequent traveler, as holding multiple currencies eliminates the need for foreign currency transactions that may incur high fees.
Best Wirex Alternatives Available for Application