The Axos Bank debit card allows you to shop with confidence. These cards are really difficult to copy or break into. With this card, users can make deposits and withdraw money from any ATM across the country and even abroad. This is a Visa card, so you can use it at any ATM that accepts these cards and even convert the currency when needed. There are no transaction fees on purchases or no annual fees, making this card a great option to save on purchases. It’s convenient to use and provides flawless online banking features. Users can also cash checks through mobile deposits, make direct deposits or transfer funds from one bank to another. Axos Bank offers 5 different types of accounts.
Each of them has its own benefits that are suited for different people. What’s even better is that these account benefits transfer to the use of the debit card. This creates a whole money management ecosystem that can help you save money, get rewards, and shop easily when used the right way. Pro tip: This bank offers its card along with a variety of financial accounts and services. Don’t focus that much on the card as it remains the same; the main thing is the account it’s tied to.
Who Can Benefit From Using This Card?
Literally, anyone can use these debit cards and benefit from them. It all comes down to choosing the right account type. There are a total of 5 different accounts, including:
- First Checking Account: This is a joint checking account designed for children. It’s an easy option for parents to teach their kids about financial management while not losing money. If you are a parent of kids aged 13 to 17, this is a good option to educate your children while being able to check their activity.
- CashBack Checking Account: This kind of account allows debit card users to get cashback with each purchase. There is no limit to the number of reimbursements, purchases, or check writing a user can do. It’s a great option for all users that like shopping a lot using a card and would like to return some of the money they’ve spent.
- Rewards Checking Account: If you want to put more money on your account, this is a great card option. With high interest, no annual fee, and no minimum balance. In a way, you can use this debit card to always put back money into your account, similar to a savings account.
- Essential Checking Account: This is a bit “lower” option for people who can’t qualify for other types of checking accounts. However, there still aren’t any fees or payment charges. This is the bank’s way of giving cards with similar benefits for people with lower credit scores.
- Golden Checking Account: This checking account has interest made specifically for users that are over 55. It comes with free personal checks, good interests, and no fees.
Overall, the Axos bank has made its Visa debit cards available to all its users. Their service is designed as a single comprehensive financial management suite. It allows everyone to manage their money easily. No matter how you want to pay or deposit funds, you can do it. On top of that, these services don’t cost you anything and give you back rewards or other benefits. To get any of these cards, you will have to be at least 18. However, for the first checking account card, it’s necessary for parents to make the application so they can share joint accounts with their kids.
What are Axos Bank Checking Visa Major Benefits
Easy to Get
Anyone who is 18+ years old can apply to get these cards. You simply go to the official site and apply it through a couple of simple steps. This is a digital bank only, meaning that there are no physical branches you can go to submit your application. The bank does a credit check for each applicant. The only explicit condition that applicants need to meet is to have a credit report that isn’t frozen. Even people with terrible credit scores can get these accounts. Required information for the application:
- Social security number
- A real address in the US
- Valid US ID like a state ID or driver’s license
- You need to be a US citizen or legal Resident
Large Purchase Limits
All these cards have a high daily purchase limit. They change almost every year, and it’s best to check them on the bank’s official website. However, each of them has different spending limits. With the joint account for kids, the limit is usually lower at around $500. Naturally, you don’t want your kids to spend too much. At the same time, you can further limit their spending. However, other accounts have far larger spending limits, so if you intend to get the most benefits out of it, you should use it as your main spending tool.
Solid Online Banking Account
All the accounts are online. There are physical banks you can go to, but this bank specializes in online banking services. The result is an exceptional online banking suite with mobile banking options, free mobile deposits, paying bills online, and an easy switch from another bank. The online account has a clean dashboard that’s easy to use. It has various features for tracking payments, making sure you pay everything on time, and managing bills. Everyone can use it, even people who aren’t that good with computers.
Pro tip: With this online banking tool, you can take total control over your spending, balance, and compare your habits in different time periods.
Disadvantages of Axos Bank Debit Card
- With the lowest option of all accounts, you can’t earn money over time, as there’s no interest. Always make sure to check out the current numbers of an account before opening it. Another disadvantage of these accounts is that there are no physical branches.
- Simply put, you can’t go to the nearest location to you and talk to someone in person. You will have to rely on online support. This can sometimes be tricky, but overall their online support is quite solid.
Pro tip: In this modern digital world, you really don’t need a physical bank to get all the benefits. This is what Axos offers along with its accounts and debit card.
Should You Get Axos Debit Card?
If you are looking for a card that has decent interest rates with not that many requirements, this is a good option. With no limit to ATM refunds, it can be an excellent way to save money. Furthermore, their digital banking system makes money management a breeze. When you take everything into consideration, this digital bank offers something for everyone. However, it’s up to you to figure out which account works best for your needs.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a good digital banking system that can help you use and transfer funds the way you see fit, choose Axos.
Best Axos Bank Checking Visa Alternatives