Self - Credit Builder Account + Secured Visa® Card
Start building credit and saving your money - its easy, fast and reliable
Updated: Mar 03, 2023
The Self Credit Builder Account with Self Visa Secured credit card issued by Lead Bank helps people to build credit. It's a good starter account with a 12 to 24 months CD-backed loan, low fees, and reasonable APR. The Self will report your credit each month to the main 3 Credit Bureaus. After the agreed period, you will walk to the next step with credit history and your accumulated savings to open the Self Secured Visa card.
at Self's Secured websiteApply Now
Intro APR Period
Recommended Credit Score
- Make at least 3 monthly payments on time, have $100 or more in savings progress in your Credit Builder Account, and be in good standing. Then, you'll be eligible for the Self Visa Credit Card*, without a hard credit check.
- Build credit and savings at the same time.
- Start with a Credit Builder Account* that reports monthly payments to all 3 major credit bureaus.
- At the end of your plan, unlock the savings you built; minus interest and fees.
- The Self Visa® Credit Card* is accepted at millions of locations in the U.S.
- *All Credit Builder Accounts made by Lead Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender, Sunrise Banks, N.A. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender or SouthState Bank, N.A. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. Subject to ID Verification. Individual borrowers must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and at least 18 years old. Valid bank account and Social Security Number are required. All loans are subject to consumer report review and approval. All Certificates of Deposit (CD) are deposited in Lead Bank, Member FDIC, Sunrise Banks, N.A., Member FDIC or SouthState Bank, N.A., Member FDIC. The Self Visa® Credit Card is issued by Lead Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender or SouthState Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. Individual results will vary. Visit self.inc for more details.
Self Inc. is helping thousands of people begin their financial journey with a credit-builder account and a Self secured visa credit card. The credit builder account is a CD-backed loan. You will be making small monthly payments over a 12-24 month period. At the end of the CD-backed loan period, you unlock your balance and walk away with accumulated cash. During the life of the loan, the Self. Inc is reporting your credit to all 3 major Credit Bureaus. You can use your secured card for 3 months after opening the balance with some restrictions. You will build your credit while you build savings.
How Self works. Sample calculation
- Activate your account by paying a $9 non-refundable administrative fee.
- Next month, you start paying $48 per month for 12 months. Each month you build credit with all 3 credit bureaus.
- After 12 months, you have established credit and you get $539 in savings back.
RELATED: What is Self Credit Builder Account, Self Credit Builder vs Chime
How do get Self Secured Visa credit card?
- STEP 1: You should open a Credit Builder Account by clicking apply link on this page.
- STEP 2: Meet the eligibility requirements: have $100 or more in savings progress, OR make 3 monthly payments on time, OR have your account in good standing.
- STEP 3: Choose your secured card limit. Use the savings progress amount portion. It should be $100 or more to start.
- STEP 4: Order your secured Visa credit card.
- STEP 5: Activate your new Self secured card once received.
- STEP 6: Track your spending activity and always pay on time to successfully build your credit history and score.
Self Visa Card Competition
- GO2bank Secured Visa
- Surge Secured Mastercard
- Merrick Bank Double Your Line Secured
- Chime Visa Debit Card
- OpenSky Secured Visa
Frequently Asked Questions
|Best Used For:||
|Regular APR:||See Terms|
|Regular APR Type:|
Self - Credit Builder Account + Secured Visa® Card Alternatives
Self - Credit Builder Account + Secured Visa® Card
Rec. Credit Score
Additional Information & Comments
All Credit Builder Accounts made by Lead Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender, Sunrise Banks, N.A. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender or Atlantic Capital Bank, N.A. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. Subject to ID Verification. Individual borrowers must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and at least 18 years old. Valid bank account and Social Security Number are required. All loans are subject to ID verification and consumer report review and approval. Results are not guaranteed. Improvement in your credit score is dependent on your specific situation and financial behavior. Failure to make monthly minimum payments by the payment due date each month may result in delinquent payment reporting to credit bureaus which may negatively impact your credit score. This product will not remove negative credit history from your credit report. All loans subject to approval. All Certificates of Deposit (CD) are deposited in Lead Banks, Member FDIC, Sunrise Banks, N.A., Member FDIC or Atlantic Capital Bank, N.A., Member FDIC.
The Self Visa Credit Card is issued by Lead Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender.