Jasper Cash Back Mastercard®
Unsecured starter card with no annual fee and up to 6% cash back
Updated: Feb 16, 2023
The Jasper Cash Back Mastercard® (formerly CreditStacks Mastercard), issued by WebBank, Member FDIC, is an unsecured card that was once especially appealing to professionals transferring to the USA on business, and U.S. residents with limited or no prior local credit history. However, with the recent release of its new rewards program, offering cardholders up to 6% cash back by referring friends2, Jasper should now appeal to any customer.
No credit history is required to apply for Jasper if you don't already have one, and you don't even need a Social Security Number to apply,1 so Jasper is still a great starter card for customers with little or no credit history. The Jasper card comes with a multitude of Mastercard benefits and security features, and cardholders can earn up to 6% cash back by referring friends.2 It reports to Equifax and TransUnion.
15.49% - 24.99% Variable
This card is not available right now.Compare Similar
Intro APR Period
Recommended Credit Score
- Up to 6% cash back by referring friends!
- Start with 1% and get an extra 0.5% for a full year for every friend you bring on board.
- Cash back not limited to certain categories, earn on almost all everyday purchases.
- Receive cash back automatically every month as a statement credit after three on time payments.
- Earn cash back as long as your account is in good standing.
- Your cash back maximum varies based on your credit limit.
- Reports to all 3 main credit bureaus: Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian.
- See Jasper's terms and fees.
- Issued by WebBank, Member FDIC
The Jasper Cash Back Mastercard is an above-average, unsecured credit card that should be especially appealing to those who are new to credit in the US. It’s a great choice for young adults and professionals who have recently relocated to the United States to live and work. It comes with many benefits, very high cash back rewards (up to 6% by referring friends²), and generous security and travel benefits via Mastercard. Even though it’s an outstanding card for people transferring to the US for business purposes, its emphasis on financial health and robust new rewards program now make it an excellent option for anyone.
Who is the Jasper Cash Back Mastercard good for?
If you are new to credit in the U.S., Jasper offers unique features that make it especially helpful for you.
- If you’ve recently arrived in the country and are here on a work visa, you don’t need to submit a Social Security Number as part of your application for Jasper. (You will need to provide an SSN within 60 days of activating your card, if approved.)
- Jasper does not require you to have a credit history to apply for a card. If you have a credit history, Jasper will check it, but they don’t focus just on your credit score when they review your application. Instead, they look at many factors, such as your income and employment history, when they consider whether you qualify for a card. This holistic approach is how they are able to approve even applicants with little or no credit history in the U.S.
- Relocating professionals will also appreciate the option of applying for a Jasper card up to 60 days before moving to the US. If approved, your new card will be waiting for you on the first day of your new job, so you can start building your U.S. credit history on day one.
However, Jasper is not just for customers with limited or no credit history. With the launch of its new rewards program, Jasper now offers one of the highest cash back rates in the industry – up to 6% cash back by referring friends.² This makes Jasper a great choice if what you want from your credit card is more cash back.
Fast and Easy Online Application
Many Jasper applications are processed within a few days. Filling out the application on the Jasper site should only take a few minutes, and Jasper uses Plaid to make the application process even more efficient. If you’re a US citizen or permanent resident (green card holders), you connect your application to Plaid to verify your income. If you prefer not to use Plaid, you may be permitted to upload proof of income such as a recent payslip instead. For work visa holders, Jasper will require your passport, work visa, and proof of income.
A Multitude of Security and Travel Benefits
The Mastercard platform is the second-largest platform in the world, just behind VISA. If a place accepts credit cards, it’s likely going to take this card. Jasper comes with a number of valuable security and travel benefits via Mastercard, including:
- Purchase assurance
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Cell phone protection
- Mastercard ID theft protection
- Trip cancellation protection
- Lost luggage protection
Up to 6% Cash Back By Referring Friends
With the Jasper Mastercard, you can earn up to 6% cash back by referring friends. You are guaranteed a minimum of 1% cash back on almost all everyday purchases as long as your account is in good standing. And, you can boost your cash back rate by 0.5% for a full year for every friend you bring on board – all the way up to 6% cash back! Cash back is applied automatically to your account every month as a statement credit after three on-time payments, and your cash back maximum will vary based on your credit limit. Review the Jasper Rewards program terms here.
No Credit History is Required to Apply
Jasper was founded by immigrants who understand how difficult it can be to qualify for a credit card in the U.S. when you have no local credit history. They understand that applicants are more than just a credit score, which is why they use alternative methods of credit assessment (for example, current and past employment), and do not require a credit check if you recently relocated to the U.S. for work. However, If you are a US citizen, a US permanent resident, or have been living in the US for over a year at the time of application, Jasper will run a hard credit inquiry with the credit bureaus.
Emphasis on Customers’ Financial Health
The Jasper mobile app gives you a 360° real-time view of your account, so you always have the information you need to make the right decisions at the right time. Jasper also offers customers targeted financial advice and innovative auto payment options to help you keep debt low, build strong credit, and stay financially healthy.
Jasper is now reporting credit activity to all three main credit bureaus: Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian.
Our Thoughts on Jasper Cash Back Mastercard
Jasper is one of the best credit cards for people with limited or no credit history – for example, business transfers to the US, or recent college graduates just starting their careers. But its rewards program and rich set of benefits make it a great choice for anyone.
Best Jasper Card Alternatives Available for Application
- Point Debit Card – credit card rewards and no debt.
- Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards – high rewards and affordable fees
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa – 60,000 bonus points
- Aspiration Plus Spend & Save – World Mastercard benefits, eco-friendly attitude
Frequently Asked Questions
|Best Used For:||
|Regular APR:||15.49% - 24.99%|
|Regular APR Type:||Variable|
|APR on Cash Advances:||See Terms|
|Grace Period:||21 days|
|Late Payment Fee:||Up to $27|
Additional Information & Comments
The information provided for Jasper Cash Back Mastercard is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (June 8, 2021). We strongly advise visitors to review the fees, terms, and conditions to verify the accuracy of the information posted prior to applying for the product. Marketprosecure.com is not affiliated with Jasper and the information we post about Jasper is not updated.
1 If you have just arrived in the U.S. on a work visa, Jasper will not run a hard inquiry with the credit bureaus to process your application. If you are a U.S. citizen, a U.S. permanent resident, or if you have been living in the U.S. for more than one year at the time of application, Jasper will run an inquiry with the credit bureaus. However, application review is always based on multiple criteria, not just your credit score. No SSN is required to apply for applicants who are new to the U.S. and are in the country on a work visa. SSN is required within 60 days of card activation. Card can only be activated from within the US.
2 Your cash back rate will be increased by 0.5% for 12 months for each referred applicant that activates their card, up to a limit of 6% total cash back. To earn 6% cash back, you must successfully refer 10 new cardholders within the same 12-month period. To become eligible to redeem cash back, you must first make three on-time payments. The purchases on which you can earn cash back are limited each billing cycle to an amount equal to your credit limit. Review the Rewards Terms and Conditions.
3 Review the Jasper fee schedule.