If you’re a frequent traveler, you’re probably trying to find the perfect credit card that’ll come with features specifically tailored to your traveling needs. Travel credit cards are becoming more and more common as people spend more time abroad. Whether traveling for business reasons or just like to visit new places, having a travel-friendly credit card by your side is never a bad idea. Chase developed one of the most popular travel credit cards currently available. Of course, we’re talking about the Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature credit card. If you’re interested in learning more about it, here you can find all the important information.
Chase Sapphire Preferred is overall an outstanding card. However, it’s best for:
- People who frequently go on business trips;
- People who go on vacations abroad;
- And, those who are often looking for special flight and hotel deals.
As already mentioned, Chase Sapphire Preferred is one of the most popular reward credit cards. That’s because it comes with numerous excellent features. Let’s mention some of the most important ones here.
Solid sign-up bonus
Chase Sapphire Preferred offers a decent sign-up bonus to its new clients. Namely, if you spend $4,000 on purchases during the first three months after the account opening, you can earn a sign-up bonus of 60,000 bonus points. Translating that into fiat currency, that’s $750 you can redeem for Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Amazing ongoing rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred doesn’t only come with a great sign-up bonus. In fact, it also offers outstanding ongoing rewards for its users. Here’s a brief overview of the rewards you can expect to get while using this travel credit card:
- 5 points on every $1 spent on travel purchased via Chase Ultimate Rewards;
- 3 points on every $1 spent on dining, including some delivery services and takeout;
- 3 points on every $1 spent on selected streaming services;
- 3 points on every $1 spent on online grocery shopping (excluding Walmart, Target, and wholesale clubs);
- 2 points on every $1 spent on travel purchased via another channel than Chase Ultimate Rewards;
- 1 point on every $1 spent on all the other purchases.
Numerous travel partners
Another advantage of the Chase Sapphire Preferred card is the large number of travel partnerships that Chase clients can use. Chase also allows its users to transfer their points to travel programs with 1:1 value. Some notable partners include:
Airline Travel Partners:
- Aer Lingus, AerClub;
- Air Canada Aeroplan;
- British Airways Executive Club;
- Emirates Skywards;
- Iberia Plus;
- JetBlue TrueBlue;
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer;
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.
Hotel Travel Partners:
- IHG Rewards Club;
- Marriott Bonvoy;
- World of Hyatt.
Transfer Travel Partners:
Although Chase Sapphire Preferred has numerous outstanding features, there are some disadvantages you should be aware of before submitting your application.
Best rewards reserved for Chase Ultimate Rewards
As you can probably tell from the ongoing rewards plan, the best rewards are reserved for the Chase Ultimate Rewards program. Although you can earn rewards through other ways too, how satisfied you are with the rewards will mostly depend on which ones are offered by the Chase Ultimate Rewards program.
An annual fee
There are numerous fee-free travel credit cards out there, but unfortunately, the Chase Sapphire Preferred card isn’t one of them. If you decide to become an owner of this card, keep in mind you’ll have to pay an annual fee of $95.
What makes it different
Besides the above-mentioned pros and cons, several other features make Chase Sapphire Preferred different from other travel credit cards.
- Trip cancellation insurance: If your trip gets canceled or interrupted, you will be reimbursed up to $10,000 per person and $20,000 per trip to cover your non-refundable and pre-paid travel expenses.
- Trip Delay Reimbursement: If you have more than a 12-hour flight delay or the delay requires an overnight stay, you can get reimbursed for unexpected expenses of up to $500 per ticket.
- Purchase Protection: Protect your newly-purchased goods against theft or damage. You can protect up to $500 per claim and in a total of $50,000 per account.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Extend your manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year, as long as the original warranty lasts up to three years.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred travel credit card offers better purchasing benefits to individuals who travel a lot. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, you’ll find this card’s features useful. It’s safe to say Chase Sapphire Preferred provides its clients with some of the greatest travel perks and features. Since it comes with very few significant disadvantages, we strongly recommend checking this card out and giving it a go. Apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred travel credit card, and wait to get approved to make the most out of being an owner of such a handy and profitable travel card.
Frequently Asked Questions