The First Latitude Secured Mastercard is one of the most popular options among those who are into secured credit cards. It’s mostly popular due to instant access, wide accessibility, and the fact that you can apply without leaving the comfort of your home. With no annual maintenance fee, 3-bureau reports, no credit checks, and easy online application, anyone can apply. The card issuer doesn’t take credit scores or employment into account. The First Latitude Secured is an excellent secured card for establishing a new credit history and building credit. Up your financial game and get ahead of your finances.
Who Is This Card for?
This card isn’t targeting any specific demographic. So, anyone can apply, really. It’s mostly geared toward those who can’t count on other similar financial options or have applied for secured/ unsecured cards but got rejected. If you’re struggling with bad credit or are looking for an effective way to establish a good credit history, the First Latitude Secured Mastercard is the solution to your problems. If you showcase financial responsibility, you increase your chances of enjoying even more benefits. The card is accepted anywhere in the world, online and otherwise.
- Monthly credit reporting
- Easy to use secured credit card
- Helps to build credit
- Optional credit line increase
- Anyone can get approved
- Apply now and fund later
- High-interest rates
- No rewards
- Foreign transaction fee
- Secure deposit required
What are First Latitude Secured Mastercard Benefits?
Aside from an exceptional level of convenience, this card offers a couple of great benefits that you can use to save money along the way.
- Monthly credit reporting. The card reports to all 3 major credit bureaus (Explained), allowing the cardholder to significantly improve their credit score and history over a short period of time.
- Easy to use secured card. If we add the fact that you get almost an instant answer upon submitting your application, and that you can use this card anywhere on the planet, you have yourself an easy-to-use secured card. Even though new users are required to make a security deposit, this amount is refundable in full.
- Helps to build credit. The First Latitude secured card can really help improve your financial situation and re-establish your financial grounds once again.
- Optional credit line increase. One of the greatest benefits of this card is the option to increase your credit line. Although it takes time, you can get approved for up to $5,000, if you express responsible financial behavior.
- Anyone can get approved. Finally, the fact that anyone can apply regardless of their current financial state, credit, and credit history, is also a huge benefit. Even those who’ve been rejected for other secured and starter credit cards, get a chance to get approved.
- Apply now and fund later. Those who can’t make a secured deposit payment now can choose to make it later. The application form allows this option. New users can choose to apply now and fund later, which allows them a 90-day grace period.
Are There Any Disadvantages?
Just like with any financial product, this card isn’t perfect. There are a couple of disadvantages, although none of these are that big of a deal.
- High interest rates. The first disadvantage would be a high APR. Since the card doesn’t include an annual fee, that’s how the card issuer is mitigating those expenses.
- No rewards. There are no rewards programs, cashback, or discounts when making purchases online.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you’re shopping outside of your country, there are foreign transaction fees. Finally, customer service options are limited to either snail mail or contact online.
- Secure deposit required. One of the disadvantages is the security deposit requirement. Many people who need to rebuild their credit aren’t in a financial position to fulfill such a requirement. While this might look like a negative thing, the issuer made a positive solution. The card allows – apply now and fund later feature.
Should You Use the First Latitude Card?
If we take all the facts, pros, cons, benefits, and disadvantages into our consideration, we can safely say that anyone who needs a way to re-establish credit and credit history should give the First Latitude Secured card a try. This is a good card for credit building, while it also allows cardholders to enjoy a high level of convenience and accessibility.
Its fees are low, and even though the card does include rather a high APR, other benefits make up for these charges. If you pay your balance in a timely manner, you get a chance to increase your credit line. While there are other similar solutions that you can use to build and rebuild your credit, this card offers low application requirements that will suit the needs of many.
Get hold of your finances, get back in control, and find your financial grounds while enjoying additional perks along the way. Choose your credit line, get a card with a range of features that you can use anywhere in the world, and online and start establishing a positive credit history. If you need a secured credit card with up to $10,000 you should consider the Sable Secured Credit Card.
RELATED: 23 Credit Score Dos and Donts
Best First Latitude Alternatives