Choice Privileges® Visa®
Free rewards Visa with bonus points and long term intro
Updated: Feb 15, 2023
The Choice Privileges Visa Card is a travel rewards card that gives hotel rewards through Choice Hotels. Cardholders can receive bonus points that afford them free stays at selected hotels and they receive this without having to pay an annual fee. This fact is one that makes the card affordable to have.
17.49%, 22.24%, or 27.24% Variable
This card is not available right now.Compare Similar
Intro APR Period
Recommended Credit Score
- Bonus Offer: 32,000 points for spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days
- Earn 15 points per eligible $1 spent at over 4,200 Choice Privileges® locations
- Earn 2 points per eligible $1 spent on everyday purchases
- Cardmembers will get Automatic Elite Gold Status, which offers*:
- Ability to book free nights 50 days in advance instead of 30 days
- Every time you earn points for eligible stays, Choice Privileges gives you a 10% point bonus
- No Annual Fee
- See Terms and Conditions for complete details
- The Choice Privileges Visa Card is a rewards credit card that is powered by Barclaycard. It is a card that offers generous bonus points and above-average point earnings for every dollar spent. To apply for the card, you have to be a U.S. resident of at least 18 years of age and you must meet the credit and income requirements.
- When you apply online, you will be able to apply with an instant decision. In the application, you first provide your general information. This includes your name and address. The next section asks for your employment and financial information. After that, you enter your contact information and then your security information. You also have the option to opt into paperless statements, which means your statements will be delivered to you online. If you’re already a Choice Privileges member, you can enter your member number so it can be tied to your card. Optional services include the ability to add an additional credit card user and balance transfers.
- You can specify on the application whether or not you wish to add a balance transfer. If you want to, then you will add the number of the credit card you wish to transfer the balance from and the amount you wish to transfer. You can add more than one card. If there is a chance that the amount you wish to have transferred exceeds the credit limit that Barclays, the card issuer, gives you, then they may opt to not approve the balance transfer or to issue a partial payment to the credit card company you are transferring the balance from. When you opt for balance transfers, the balance transfer fee and APR will be charged.
- Once you accept the legal terms and conditions, you can submit the application and you will receive an instant decision. The decision takes approximately 30 seconds. When you are approved, you receive automatic Elite Gold Status, you receive double points on your everyday purchases, and there is no annual fee. There is also no over-the-credit-line fee, but there is a late payment fee and returned payment fee and both of these can vary by state.
- Transaction fees include the balance transfer fee and the cash advance fee. These fees are a minimum dollar amount or a percentage of the transaction. The foreign transaction fee is also a percentage of the transaction and is charged in U.S. Dollars. As for the APR, there are two levels. There is a high and a low. The low is quite competitive, while the high is fairly average. Which you receive is based on creditworthiness and both can vary based on the market, which is based on the Prime Rate. This APR applies to purchases and it is the same for balance transfers. However, cash advances have their own APR.
- Nonetheless, cardholders are able to receive savings on travel. For instance, a cardholder could earn enough bonus points to stay at one of many of the Choice Privileges locations for up to 4 nights free. Bonus points are earned with the first purchase and they are earned when the card is used to pay for a stay at a qualifying hotel. From there, cardholders earn points for every dollar spent at Choice Privileges locations, on Choice Hotels gift card purchases, and on everyday purchases. Each has a different level of point earnings, but they can accumulate fast.
- As for the automatic Elite Gold Status that a cardholder receives when approved for the card, this includes the ability to book free nights up to twenty days sooner than usual. Plus, every time points are earned for eligible stays, Choice Privileges awards a 10 percent point bonus. Choice Privileges does reserve the right to change the point amounts and other terms at any time.
- The card is one that will help its cardholders save on hotels, which can add up over time and that gives cardholders a little something back for using their card. Cardholders also have the option of paying off their balance before their due date and this will avoid the APR on purchases, but it doesn’t interfere with point earnings.
Best Choice Privileges Visa Alternatives
|Issuer:||Barclays Bank Delaware|
|Review:||Full Card Review|
|Best Used For:||
|Introductory APR (%):||0%|
|Intro Period:||15 months|
|Regular APR:||17.49%, 22.24%, or 27.24%|
|Regular APR Type:||Variable|
|APR on Cash Advances:||27.24%|
|Grace Period:||23 days|
|Late Payment Fee:||$35|