Reflex Mastercard Review
Building up good credit can be a real nightmare, but a purpose-made card like a Reflex credit card simplifies the whole process. Even if the Reflex Mastercard is made for people who are looking to improve their credit, unfortunately, it’s not the very best around. There are plenty of better cards for building up your credit, especially secured ones. The Reflex Mastercard does come with high approval ratings and mostly requires no costly deposits like many other cards, but there are several issues.
- Up to $1,000 credit limit doubles up to $2,000! (Simply make your first 6 monthly minimum payments on time)
- See if you're Pre-Qualified with no impact to your credit score
- All credit types welcome to apply
- Free access to your Vantage 3.0 score from Experian* (When you sign up for e-statements)
- Monthly reporting to the three major credit bureaus
- Fast and easy application process; results in seconds
- Use your card at locations everywhere Mastercard® is accepted
- Checking Account Required
What is Reflex Mastercard?
The Reflex Mastercard is issued by Celtic Bank and administrated by Continental Finance. The Related Mastercard is meant to improve your less-than-perfect credit score and is purposefully made for that. The approval ratings on the Reflex card are very high, as it’s meant for people with bad credit. People with bad credit have a hard time getting cards, and the Reflex Mastercard works to solve this issue. This is done through the shallow requirements for application.
Key Reflex Mastercard Features
- The minimum required credit score for approval is 580 or above, which is very reasonable for most consumers.
- One of the main appeals of this credit card is the free monthly credit score report you’re going to get every month once you enroll in the e-statements program. Once you create an account, you can enable this feature with ease.
- Another main feature of the Reflex Mastercard is that it grows alongside you. If you prove to pay your dues on time and you’re tidy with your finances, you can experience growth in purchasing power. This is what makes the Reflex Mastercard shine, as it’s rare to see your purchasing power grow in a card for bad credit. Your initial credit limit is set to $300, 500$, $750 or $1,000, but you can increase it after just six months of use. Boosting your credit limit is a real achievement, and in this case, it comes with a couple of additional features. Some of these features are a lower credit utilization ratio, and the potential to raise your credit even further, faster.
- This is a card for building good credit, and all of your credit activity is reported to all of the three major credit bureaus. This is a good thing as much as it is a bad thing. Since the card reports to all three major credit bureaus, it indicates the harmful activity as well. Decreasing your credit score is done by being irresponsible with your card. This includes missing your payments, not paying the debts, maxing out your card, and others. This will actually ruin your credit ratings further, making the process very counterproductive.
Reflex Mastercard Offer Summary
- Credit Improvement Credit Card
- Fast Approval
- High Approval Ratings
- Credit Limit Increasing Features
- High APR and High Fees
What Are Reflex Card Advantages?
- Distinct ability to improve a less than perfect credit
- Possibility of increasing your credit limit upon request
- Free, monthly credit score reporting
- Minimal pre-existing credit score requirements, a mere 580
- $0 Fraud Liability, and an abundance of other features
What Are Reflex Card Disadvantages?
- High fees associated with the credit card
- Not an instant application approval
- Time-consuming prequalification step
Why We Like It
- Even if this credit card might not be the best one on the market, it has its charm and redeeming features. The first and most important feature that the Reflex Mastercard has to offer is its sky-high approval ratings. If you have a credit score equal to or above 580, you’re eligible to prequalify for the Reflex Mastercard.
- Another redeeming feature of this credit card is its relatively high spending limit. Its initial spending limit is $300 – $1,000 which is higher than a lot of competitor credit cards. This is only amplified due to the possibility of increasing this spending power, after a period of a mere six months.
- Reflex Mastercard is a card that stays true to its claims. It will help you improve your credit rating, and comes packed with all the promised features.
What Can Be Better
- To be quite honest, there are a couple of things that could be better when we’re talking about the Reflex Mastercard. While the card comes with unparalleled approval ratings, it also comes with high fees and APR. If you can afford the security deposit, you might want to apply for a secured credit card.
- Another issue with the Reflex Mastercard is the lack of any rewards program. You’re not going to get a reward even if you’re spending millions a month. There are no bonuses or rewards whatsoever.
- This is a credit card purposefully made to improve your credit, yet it can wind up running it even further. The Reflex Mastercard reports its credit to all three of the major credit bureaus, and if you don’t prepare for the high fees, it can significantly damage your credit.
What are Costs and Fees?
This is by far the biggest issue with the Reflex Mastercard. Often mentioned, the Reflex Mastercard is best known for having high APR and annual fees. You can have a meager credit and still get approved for this credit card, but it’s going to be a bad experience if you’re dead broke. If you’re on the lower end of the score spectrum, you’re more likely to be asked for a security deposit. Increasing your spending power is free, but it does require time and improvement to apply for.
- Initial activation fee on signup
- Monthly fee after the first year of use
- Fee for the first late payment
- Fee for the first returned payment
- The additional credit card fee
- Fee for the second late or returned payment, within six months of the first one.
- A fixed foreign transaction fee
- Cash advance fee
- Returned payment fee
All of these rates and fees are slightly higher than most of the competition, even when the inferior credit aspect is taken into consideration.
How Easy and Convenient Is It to Use the Card?
Convenience is of the utmost priority when you’re attempting to repair your credit. Lucky for you, the Reflex Mastercard is both convenient and straightforward to use. It’s based on the Mastercard platform, which is accepted in over 210 countries all around the globe. If a merchant, trader, or store accepts credit cards, it most likely agrees with the Reflex Mastercard. If you’re shopping outside of the US, remember the card has a foreign transaction fee (Cards with No FX Fees). This makes it ideal to use the Reflex Mastercard only within the US border.
What are Qualification Requirements?
- The Reflex Mastercard credit card is purposefully made for credit repair, which makes its approval ratings very high. This is one of it’s most popular features, as the minimum credit rating you’re required to have before you apply for this card is a mere 580. This is a credit score which most Americans have.
- The lower your credit score, the larger the possibility of a required security deposit payment. This isn’t a significant amount of money, but it’s still not ideal if you’re broke.
- The other requirements that the Reflex Mastercard has are all of the regulars. You need to be of legal age in your country, a US resident with a valid address, and an SSN.
- You will also require a checking account in order to make deposits to your Reflex Mastercard. Make sure to open one before applying for this card.
How to Apply for Reflex Mastercard?
Applying for the Reflex Mastercard is really simple, and will not take much time from your day. You can apply for your new Reflex Mastercard online, by clicking here. The card requires you to link your account to it, but it does come with some redeeming benefits. Before you apply for a credit card, we advise you to gather all of the necessary documents or personal information. This will help you streamline the process and make sure that everything is running smoothly. For the Reflex Mastercard, you will need to provide a couple of pieces of personal information. None of it is invasive like most other cards, as it’s the bare minimum stated by the federal law for financial institutions.
The Information Needed to Apply
- Full legal name
- Your SSN
- Your date of birth
- A valid residential address
- Your email address
- Your personal phone number
Once you finish filling out all of these required boxes, you’re done with your application process. The status of your application will be reported to you on your email address, as the approval process isn’t immediate. The issuer of the Credit card might have to collect additional information before approving you, and this process can take up to 30 days at times.
Reflex Mastercard Contacts
- Account Login: Login to your Reflex Account.
- Automated Account Info: 1-866-449-4514 (Available 24/7)
- Customer Service: 1-866-449-4514 (Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 10:00pm. Eastern Time)
- Payments: 1-800-518-6142 (Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 10:00pm. Eastern Time)
Reflex Mail Support
- Inquiries: Reflex Card, P.O. Box 3220, Buffalo, NY 14240-3220
- Funding of Security Deposit: Reflex Card, P.O. Box 8099, Newark, DE 19714-8099
- Payments on Account: Reflex Card, P.O. Box 6812, Carol Stream, IL 60197-6812
The Bottom Line
If you’re over the legal age and a US resident, you can apply and most likely get approved for the Reflex Mastercard. The Reflex Mastercard is a credit card purposefully designed for people with either no credit history or a poor score. It is a starter credit card and an integral tool in any credit reparation strategy. Getting approval for this card is a process that requires minimal predispositions and effort, and you’re very unlikely to get denied. You only have to fill out a quick information sheet and have a checking account in order to get approved for this credit card, including a credit over 580. All of the credit card spending and dues are going to be reported to all three of the major credit bureaus, so you don’t have to worry. If you are always on time and don’t forget any of your dues, this will significantly improve your credit.