ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card
Platinum card with no annual fee, bonus cash back rewards and 0% intro rates
Updated: Nov 14, 2022
If you are looking for a decent reward credit card and you have a fair credit score, you can't go wrong with ABOC Platinum Rewards card issued by Amalgamated Bank of Chicago. This card doesn't require any investments, has low interests overall, No international transaction fee, $150 Statement Credit, and offers other nice incentives, too. There is hardly any other reward card in this category that can compete with the ABOC Platinum Rewards credit card. If your credit score ranges from 580 to 680, you can count on getting approved for this card.
14.40% - 24.40% Variable
This card is not available right now.Compare Similar
Intro APR Period
Recommended Credit Score
- 0% Intro APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 12 months; after that, the variable APR will be 14.40% to 24.40%, based on your creditworthiness
- Earn $150 Statement Credit after you spend $1,200 on purchases within the first 90 days from account opening
- Earn 5x rewards on up to $1,500 in combined purchases each quarter in popular categories such as dining, groceries, travel, and automotive
- No upper limit on the points you can accumulate, and since points never expire, you can save up for a big award!
- Earn Points on Every Purchase! It's simple: $1 = 1 Point
- No Annual Fee or Foreign Transaction Fee
- Select Your Rewards Your Way
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
With its 5X multipliers and rotating bonuses, the ABOC Platinum Rewards credit card can be a really useful asset. ABOC has many things to offer, but at its core, this is a rewards card. The reward types are divided into four categories based on the year quarter. During the first quarter, users can expect bonuses from recurring payments such as subscriptions, insurance payments, utilities, and so on.
During the second quarter, users get bonuses for buying groceries, dining and paying for transportation. One of the quarters is reserved for dining, travel costs, transportation, and entertainment. The last combination involves bonuses for holiday shopping.
These are some of the bonuses that were offered by the card until now. Bear in mind that they might change. The card is easy to qualify for, even if you have a fair credit score. Overall, it’s easier to get this one than all the competing cards. The only thing the provider will check is your credit report and income level before giving you this card.
Who Is This Card For?
If you have a fair credit score, there aren’t many credit cards at your disposal – not any good ones, at least. ABOC Platinum Rewards focuses on this demographic. Not only is it easy to get this card if your credit score ranges from 580 to 680, but you will also get a lot of reward features.
Simply put, you can use this card to save money while you shop. At the same time, it can help you improve your credit score by reporting your activity to the major credit bureaus. (See More Credit Reporting Card)
ABOC Platinum Rewards Benefits
- The ABOC Platinum Rewards comes with many things to like, including a nice sign-up bonus, no annual fee, point multipliers, and no APR period. It’s a great card for people who have fair credit and would like to improve it.
- If your score is somewhere between 580 and 680, you can benefit the most from owning a card like this one. Still, the ABOC Platinum also surprises with several unique features. Most cards in this category don’t offer these kinds of features.
- Finding a card like this is extremely rare, and it’s strange that there aren’t many users. If you like reward cards, but you have a lower FICO credit score, you will love this one. On top of that, there are many useful perks that go along with it.
Key Features of ABOC Platinum
- The ABOC Platinum Rewards gives users a $150 statement credit when they’ve spent a total of $1,200 within the first 90 days.
- They also get 5x rewards for each quarter on combined purchases up to $1,500.
- New users have 0% interest on purchases during the first year.
- 18-month free balance transfers for new users.
- No annual fee.
- Rewards don’t expire when quarters change.
- No fees on foreign transactions.
If you have fair credit and you would like to improve it over time while getting the benefits of a rewards card, ABOC Platinum Rewards Card is a good choice. However, this card is focused primarily on travel, and without that element, it’s an average credit card.
Best ABOC Platinum alternatives available for application
|Best Used For:||
|Introductory APR (%):||0%|
|Intro Period:||12 months|
|Regular APR:||14.40% - 24.40%|
|Regular APR Type:||Variable|
|APR on Cash Advances:||See Terms|
|Grace Period:||25 days|
|Late Payment Fee:||Up to $35|
Additional Information & Comments
The Statement Credit offer is only valid for new accounts. To qualify and receive this offer, your account must be open and in good standing and you must make Purchases totalling $1,200 within the first 90 days from account opening.