Synovus Connections® Visa® Prepaid Card
Updated: Dec 30, 2022
The Synovus Connections Prepaid Visa is an excellent card that allows you to make transactions and go shopping with ease. It's fully reloadable in a few convenient ways and comes with the free Synovus Connections mobile app that allows you to conveniently manage your finances. As part of the Visa network, the Synovus Connections Visa Prepaid card can be used wherever Visa is accepted. It comes with low fees and a variety of different benefits, so if you were looking for a simple card that's easy to use and will keep your funds safe, this card might be a good choice for you.
This card is not available right now.Compare Similar
Recommended Credit Score
- Free Direct Deposit
- Free Synovus Connections Mobile App
- Text and email alerts
- View Monthly Statements
- Order Companion Cards
- Easy to loan at Visa ReadyLink, Green Dot Network
- $20 minimum required when the Card Account is loaded
The Synovus Connections Prepaid Visa has become quite a popular debit card in the Southeastern states. It’s widely available in all Synovus bank locations, and you can easily apply for it online as well. The application requirements are minimal, so virtually anyone can be approved for this card. Your credit score isn’t taken into account when your application is being processed, and the information gathered about you from credit reporting agencies just serves for identity verification purposes. It’s a simple card that can help you stay on top of your finances.
Who Is This Prepaid Visa Card for?
This card is for anyone essentially. It doesn’t matter if you have a poor or excellent credit score, nor if you’re in a good or bad financial situation. It comes with low fees, and its main purpose is to provide you with the convenience of using a card. The card could be a good choice for families with young teens who need to learn about financial responsibility. The main account owner can request up to 4 companion cards that will allow those cardholders to access the funds from the account.
Synovus Connections Prepaid Visa Benefits
- Convenience. The greatest benefit of this card is its convenience. Any merchant who accepts cards from the Visa network will accept your prepaid Visa. So, instead of carrying cash with you, you can simply load the card with funds and use it for making purchases.
- Easy to reload. The card is easily reloadable in a variety of different ways, and as soon as you drain it, you can just transfer some more funds to it and continue using it. Since it’s a prepaid card, you cannot have a negative balance on it, and you won’t encounter any overdraft fees.
Are There Any Disadvantages?
- Cannot build credit. The main disadvantage is that the card cannot help you build up your credit scores like Reflex Mastercard or Surge Mastercard. It’s a simple prepaid card that doesn’t report your activity to credit bureaus. If you need a card to boost your credit score, you should opt for a secured credit card.
- No rewards. Another disadvantage would be the lack of any rewards. However, cards that have valuable rewards often have heftier fees, so this is simultaneously an advantage and a disadvantage.
Should You Use This Card?
If you want the convenience of paying with a card, the Synovus Connections Prepaid Visa can be a good choice for you. You can have your salary directly deposited to the card, then use it for paying your bills online, shopping, and more. With its low fees and nice features, it can be a great addition to any existing accounts that you may have at Synovus Bank, and it can help you manage your finances with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Category:||Consumer (Stored Value)|
|Review:||Full Card Review|
|Best Used For:||
Additional Information & Comments
Account Opening Requirements
The Account Owner must provide proper identification and:
- Be at least 18 years of age (19 if you reside in a State where the age of majority is19).
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal alien residing in one of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
- Provide a verifiable U.S. street mailing address (not a P.O. Box).
Companion Cardholders must:
- Be at least 13 years of age; and
- A U.S. citizen or legal alien residing in one of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.