Porte Visa® Debit Card
Innovative mobile banking with Black Visa debit card, free checking, savings accounts and virtual cards
Updated: Sep 14, 2022
Porte Visa debit card is the latest banking service provided by Metabank. It's a standard debit card that enables seamless deposits, quick access to your paychecks, easy transfers, and all the benefits of a Visa card. Porte also offers high yield savings, free checking accounts, virtual cards and other benefits.
at Porte's Secured websiteApply Now
Recommended Credit Score
- Free checking account
- Cash back rewards
- Contactless debit card
- Instant and secure virtual cards (6 cards at one time)
- No credit check required
- No Monthly and no application fees
- Get paid up to 2 days faster
- Optional savings account with 3% APY and no minimum
- Optional charitable giving
- Optional overdraft protection service
- Account alerts and card lock
- Modern and innovative money app
- Debit card issued by MetaBank, Member FDIC
The Porte Visa Black debit card comes with a free Porte mobile app available for iOS and Android that provides countless indispensable money management and savings features designed to give you greater financial independence and more flexibility.
- Getting rewards from everyday spending
- Increasing the yield of your savings account;
- Accessing financial educational content;
- Supporting charities at no cost.
6 Porte Visa Debit Card Advantages
The Porte debit card and the accompanying app are designed with simplicity in mind. The app gives you a clear overview of all your transactions, shopping habits, and expenses, allowing you to make informed financial decisions and better manage your debts. Take a look at some of the main advantages of the Porte Debit Visa card.
- No monthly fees. Porte Visa debit card has no monthly maintenance fees that you’d frequently encounter with similar cards. You can set up your checking account and start using your card without incurring any costs. However, keep in mind that while there are no monthly fees, you will encounter other fees, including overdraft and ATM fees.
- Virtual cards. Porte offers virtual debit cards that can increase your online security and allow you to shop in peace. Through the app, you can generate virtual cards with unique numbers, expiration dates, and security codes that are tied to your account but not to your physical card. Virtual cards protect your real card information (since the real card number isn’t shared with the merchant) and can be used for remote purchases.
- High-yield savings account. If you have a Porte checking account, you’ll be eligible for a Porte savings account that offers up to a 3% annual percentage yield (APY) on balances up to $15,000. With the national APY being only 0.06%, you’d enjoy over 50 times higher rates.
- Cashback rewards. All Porte Visa debit cardholders are eligible for cashback rewards from participating merchants. The reward offers change every 30 to 45 days, and you can see all active rewards through your Porte app. Your Porte Perks are curated to you so that you can earn cashback on products you’d spend your money on, anyway. Each cardholder will have access to different perks and rewards based on their shopping habits.
- Financial insights. The Porte app offers financial insights and educational tools that can help you gain financial independence and better manage your debt. You’ll gain access to tools such as True Debt Calculator and Budget Tracker to manage your spending and find ways to better organize your budget and increase your savings.
- Porte’s DoortoChange charity program. Porte has a unique charity program #DoortoChange, which lets you support a charity without spending your own money. If you join the program, you can choose to support the Humane Society, Save the Children foundation1, or GLAAD2. Every time you use your Porte Visa debit card, Porte will match 0.05% of your purchase and donate it to your chosen charity.
Although the Porte Visa debit card brings some exciting advantages, it has its faults as well. Take a look at some of the main disadvantages of the card.
- No brick-and-mortar branches. Porte offers a mobile-only banking experience. It has no physical branches in the US, so you’ll only be able to communicate with the support remotely. Although Porte support is highly responsive, having a physical branch you could visit would be less of a hassle.
- High ATM fees. While the Porte Visa debit card doesn’t have any monthly maintenance fees, it does have high ATM withdrawal fees. You’ll have to pay $2.50 out-of-network ATM fees every time you make a withdrawal. The good news is that if you use one of over 32,000 MoneyPass ATMs, you can withdraw your money for free.
- High overdraft fees. The Porte app allows you to turn overdraft protection on or off. With overdraft off, all transactions that would overdraw your account will be immediately denied. With overdraft on, however, you’ll have to pay a $20 fee when you overdraw your account.
What makes Porte Visa different
The Porte Visa debit card is among the simplest debit cards you could use. It boasts excellent advantages, giving you complete control over your account and allowing you to actually own your money. When paired with a savings account, it can help you gain financial independence and allow you to supercharge your savings.
Porte Visa Debit Card Competition
- Sable Debit Mastercard
- Current Visa Debit Card
- Sesame Street Visa Prepaid
- Turbo Visa Debit Card
- Cleo Credit Builder Card
Should you get it?
The Porte Visa debit card can be a great choice for you if you want to avoid monthly maintenance fees, supercharge your savings, or support charities without spending your own money. Be careful of the out-of-network ATM fees and overdraft fees, however. As long as you use the card responsibly, it’s well worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Humanitarian Aid Organization for Children. Save The Children
- Glaad Organization, Media Institute, and Projects. Glaad
|Category:||Consumer (Stored Value)|
|Best Used For:||
Porte Visa® Debit Card Alternatives
Porte Visa® Debit Card
Rec. Credit Score