Earn more rewards towards College every day and get $100 bonus
Updated: Nov 20, 2022
The Upromise Mastercard is a unique cash back world Mastercard that rewards cardholders for each purchase. Cardholders also have the opportunity for 15% cashback bonus when linking their 529 Plan. In addition to no annual fee and convenience, the Upromise card is a great option for those who wanna save for a college.
As low as 14.99% Variable
This card is not available right now.Compare Similar
Intro APR Period
Recommended Credit Score
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening
- Earn $100 cash back after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Earn 1.25% cash back on every purchase
- Get 15% bonus on your total cash back when you link your Upromise Program account to an eligible 529 College Savings Plan
- Earn more with Upromise Round Up, when you round up your purchases to the nearest dollar.
- No foreign transaction fees on international purchases
- Free online access to your FICO® Credit Score
- Get free 2-day shipping and free return shipping on eligible purchases with your complimentary ShopRunner membership
- No annual fee
The Upromise Mastercard is a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware that makes an attractive promise to its cardholders. The promise is that you can earn more rewards every day. There is a generous cash back offer, bonus rewards, savings, and a round-up. Cardholders can earn even more by being Upromise members and linking this World Mastercard to a 529 account.
In addition to the great rewards, there is no annual fee and no international transaction fee. Other fees include a late payment fee and a returned payment fee. If a late payment is made, a penalty APR is assessed to the account and it can be in place indefinitely. However, it is possible to avoid interest on the card completely by paying the balance within 23 days after the billing cycle close date.
What are Upromise Mastercard Benefits?
- More rewards every day. With this card, you earn 1.25% rewards for each purchase made and can round up purchases to the nearest dollar thus earning more rewards everyday.
- 15% cash back bonus. You will get a 15% bonus on each purchase if you link a 529 account.
- Balance transfer offer. Upromise Mastercard features 0% introductory interest for 15 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of a new account opening.
- No foreign transaction fees. There is no foreign transaction fee on international purchases made outside the United States or using other than U.S. Dollar currency.
- Free FICO credit score. Cardholders can access their FICO credit score anytime and get email alerts when their score changed.
- ShopRunner membership. Upromise cardholders will receive complimentary ShopRunner membership. It comes with free return and free 2-day shipping.
Are there any Disadvantages?
- Cashback rate. The card has a fixed 1.25% cashback on all purchases. If you want more cashback you need to look for other options.
- Does not accept bad credit. The minimum credit score to apply is 670. This means, that only applicants with Excellent to Good credit scores will be considered for this World Mastercard.
Should you Get the Upromise Mastercard?
If you are looking for attractive no fee options to save some extra money for your education or kids’ college, the Upromise Mastercard is a great choice. However, if you a high cash back deals hunter you should look for other options.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Issuer:||Barclays Bank Delaware|
|Review:||Full Card Review|
|Best Used For:||
|Introductory APR (%):||0%|
|Intro Period:||15 months|
|Regular APR:||As low as 14.99%|
|Regular APR Type:||Variable|
|APR on Cash Advances:||25.24%|
|Grace Period:||23 days|
|Late Payment Fee:||Up to $39|