USAA is a bank founded on military values so it only makes sense that they would develop products specifically targeted to meet the needs of today’s military families. Financial products like USAA Checking Debit Card help soldiers and families better manage money.
Financial stability and unparalleled commitment to service is important to most Americans when it comes to banking. These are a couple of fundamental principles that went into the development of USAA. This is a banking organization designed and developed to ensure today’s soldiers and their families never have to worry about their financial options. With award-winning banking solutions and convenient access around the world, USAA takes the guess work out of financial planning for soldiers who have much more important things to worry about.
The average enlistee in today’s military does not make a lot of money. The military takes care of its soldiers but nobody starts out with enormous wealth. This is why USAA works very hard to keep their checking accounts free. This means you will never have to worry about skyrocketing fees or paying for various kinds of processing. Indeed, when you have a USAA Checking Debit Card you will enjoy:
- Free Direct Deposit
- Free ATM access (including the refunding of the hosting bank’s native ATM fees)
- Free unlimited funds transfers between any bank across the country
- Free USAA Web BillPay online bill paying service
- No inactivity fees
As you can see, when USAA calls their products “free,” they mean it. Obviously, this is quite different from other institutions who might claim their checking is free because you don’t pay a monthly fee, but they find other ways to charge you for processing. This commitment to continuous freedom is what has helped USAA retain their customer base and is likely the reason that most of their customers look in-house when their financial needs grow. In fact, most USAA members never need the services of another bank, no matter the size of their family or the kinds of needs they have.
Of course, any good banking institution aims to develop financial products that you help you manage your money as best you can. Fortunately, USAA excels at this, with products that make money management as easy it can possibly be:
- Make deposits from a smartphone or scanner with DepositHome or DepositMobile applications
- Make deposits at more than 2,000 select UPS Store locations around the country
- Easy mobile banking with USAA app for iPad
- Personalized budgeting tools that help you track your spending with USAA Money Manager
- Customizable account alerts
Almost a century ago (1922) 25 Army officers came together in San Antonio, TX to insure each other’s vehicles when no major insurance provider would. Banking their securities on just the integrity of the group, they quickly grew to develop one of the best and most beloved financial institutions in America today, with an impressive 94% lifetime retention rate.
There are many benefits to having USAA. For example, you will have access to all kinds of financial services:
- Lucrative auto, property, and life insurance
- Checking accounts
- Credit cards
- Auto loans
- Retirement planning
- Real estate, mortgages, and equity management
You will also enjoy various affiliate retail discounts on:
- Rental Cars
- Home & Online Security
- Professional Contractor Services
- Insignia Merchandise (Uniforms)
USAA is only able to provide such superior service and develop such wonderful products because membership is only available to a specific population of people. This exclusivity to military personnel and their family helps them to focus on very specific needs. To be certain you qualify, here is a list of eligible applicants:
- Active Military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Selected Reserve, and federally recognized National Guard servicemen)
- Military Veterans (retired officers and honorably discharged personnel)
- Military Spouses
- Widows, Widowers, and Former Spouses of USAA Members
- Independent individuals who were once a dependent of a USAA member
- Former USAA members who, at one point, established group membership by purchasing auto or property insurance while eligible
- Other select individuals on a case-by-case basis
With a USAA Checking Debit Card you will enjoy all the great benefits offered by USAA in a simple, convenient product. This includes their award-winning mobile banking services and customer service.